ⅠRecent amendment to the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act
- The status of residence “Investor/Business Manager” has been changed to “Business Manager”.（Effective Date: April 1st,2015）
- “Designated Activities”; a privileged status to promote accepting foreigners with the talent of highly skilled abilities was renewed to a new status of residence as “highly skilled professional(1)”and “highly skilled professional(2)”.（Effective Date: April 1st,2015）
- Status of residence “Engineer” and “Specialist in Humanities/International Services” was integrated into “Engineer/Specialist in Humanities/International Services“.（Effective Date:April 1st,2015）
- The range of status of residence ”Student” was expanded to Elementary and Middle school students.（Effective Date:January 1st,2015）
ⅡAmendments under consideration to the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act
- Founding a new status of residence “Helper” to accept foreigners that possess the certification as a care worker.
- Strengthen the countermeasure to imposter residents.
- In order to handle foreign nationals who illegally acquire a status of residence and stay in Japan by disguising their status or activities through filing a false declaration or documents, a penalty will be established and the grounds for revocation of their status of residence will be expanded.
H&A NOTO LEGAL OFFICE. All Right Reserved.